Thursday, September 16, 2010

Baby Update

Before I give the baby update, I have to mention preschool today... Today was the first day that instead of walking Ivy to her class, the teacher came to get Ivy from my van. I quickly reminded Ivy that Grandmama was picking her up, making sure the teacher heard me. I told the teacher that it was because I had a baby appointment. She said, "Good luck!" and Ivy turned to me, said "Good luck Mommy!" and blew me a kiss good-bye. She took the teacher's hand and never looked back. I was a little sad. I had a moment of "She doesn't need me!!" but then I realized that I've just done my job as a parent - I've encouraged her independence. She is really loving preschool and I'm so thankful for that.

Okay, Baby Update...
I had my ultrasound first. The ultrasound tech said, "It looks like you'd better be ready to deliver another big baby!" After the measurements she took (head, abdomen, thigh bone) the baby is measuring 9 pounds, 1 ounce.

Next came my regular weekly appointment with the OB. As she walked in she said "Looks like another big baby!" So she said she'd like to check my cervix and see where I am there and then discuss some options. She checked my cervix and I am 3 cm dilated! I was 1.5 last week so I've made some progress! I know 3 cm isn't much and I could stay like that for weeks but I figure that's 3 less I have to dilate on delivery day! Any progress is good at this point. So the doctor suggested that we go ahead and schedule an induction for Friday, September 24th. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that I'll go into labor on my own before then, but at least I have an end in sight!

1 comment:

The Beams said...

Just think, you can get an epidural at a 4, so you're almost there!!! :)