Saturday, September 4, 2010

36 Weeks and Drums

Here's the 36 week belly picture...


I had my OB appointment this week - they did the Group B Strep test. I tested positive for it when I was pregnant with Ivy. It's not a big deal, just a bacteria that I have and isn't an issue for me but could be to a baby with no immune system. I asked if there was a chance that I would get a negative test result this time and I was told the chance was slim. And really, even if I didn't test positive, they'd probably give me the antibiotics before delivery anyway...just to be on the safe side. So not really sure why I needed the test but I guess it's just what they do.


DRUMS!! Richard was given this drum set by a co-worker. Ivy loves drums and she was so excited to get these. We have some rules about the drums: We keep the drums covered with a sheet when they aren't being played. She isn't allowed to uncover the drums. She isn't allowed to play the drums unless Mommy or Daddy are there. Since the drums are in her room, hopefully those rules will keep her from getting up at 2AM and playing them.

She knows the name of the drums. She says, "High Hat. Snare. Crash. Rack Tom. Floor Tom. And bass." I'm impressed that a little girl that is 2.5 knows the names of her drums.

1,2,3,4....!!!!


1 comment:

The Beams said...

Hey-You are looking great!! By the way, I tested positive for that when I was pregnant with Addison and not with Emma. My doc said that if you were treated the first time then you prob. won't be positive the second time around... who knows!?!

Julie