Friday, December 18, 2009

Wolfpack fan...

No pictures this time...

Richard won 2 tickets to the NC State vs. Elon mens basketball game through his work. They do these random drawings and Richard won! I wasn't expecting much of a game, but Elon was leading at the half! And I think State only won by a little bit - less than 10 points. Anyway, we got to sit in the GSK box which was so nice. There is lots of room for Ivy to move around which definitely helped us enjoy the game a little more. Ivy had a great time. She learned to say "Goo Sate!!!" She tried to do the wolfpack hand gesture but really just looks like she is doing "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star". And by the time we left, she was leaning her head back and howling like a wolf. It was hilarious! We bought her a couple of pom-poms to shake and that was fun for a few minutes. When we got home and got out of the car, she wanted to shake the pom-poms. As Ivy walked up the sidewalk, shaking her pom-poms, she said, "Ivy shakin' pom-poms." That is one of the most complete sentences I've heard her say so far!

Potty Update: We had lots of errands to run today - first we walked at the mall, Ivy pottied before and after our walk (in the mall toilet). We went to Sam's Club, Ivy pottied there too! We got home unloaded the groceries, Ivy caught her nap in the car. She wouldn't go back to sleep, but pottied again. Then we ran back out to AC Moore (pottied there!) and then Panera for a bowl of soup (pottied there!!). Then home and she pottied 2 more times!! She is just amazing. That is 8 times that she pottied today! And I would say that she told me that she needed to potty 3 of those times. All I do is ask if she needs to use the potty and she says "Yep!" We stop whatever we're doing and run to bathroom. I am just amazed at how well she is doing. We are heading to the beach after Christmas, but when we get back, I'm hoping we can work on her telling me she needs to go. But I'm fine with the way things are going. She is doing great!

Okay, a busy week coming up. My Dad is flying in tomorrow, so I may not post anything until right after Christmas. But I'll be sure to post pics of Ivy and her Christmas fun!!

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

1 comment:

The Beams said...

Ok, seriously??? How easy has this been? I am so jealous! Addison watched her older cousin sit on the potty yesterday and so she tried a couple of times today on her own.... no luck though!