Thursday, April 15, 2010

Plants and a Haircut...

We went to the Farmer's Market yesterday - it was cloudy and pretty chilly - a perfect day for the Farmer's Market. We almost had the place to ourselves. I picked out a few little flowers for Ivy to help me plant and then I bought some vegetable plants for our garden.

Here is Ivy after helping me plant the flowers...
Here is Ivy next to one of our grape tomato plants... I plan to take her picture next to this plant (as long as it survives!) each week or so to keep track of how big it gets...


Ivy had her first haircut today! I had talked about having her hair cut right around her 2nd birthday but just never got around to it. But then we were driving home yesterday from errands and out of the blue she starts talking about wanting a haircut. She said "I want haircuts." So since she took an early (and WAY too short) nap today, I called up this little children's salon called Peek-a-Do to see if they had any appointments. They had one in 30 minutes so we packed up our stuff and headed to the salon. Ivy had a great time. She got to pick which chair she sat it. And they had a Go-Diego-Go movie on so she was happy. We were in and out in 20 minutes. And since it was her first haircut they gave her a little certificate and put some of her hair in a little baggie for me to take home and put in her baby book. Once the haircut was over, they put the front part of her hair in this silly little rubberband with a pink ribbon tied to it. Then sprayed her with glitter hairspray (I okay'd that since it's bath night) and then she got a lollipop. Overall, it was a fun first haircut experience for Ivy. She liked it and said she wanted to go back.




1 comment:

The Beams said...

I'm so glad her first haircut went so well! That place looks really nice, too! I'm still cutting Addison's in the shower and use shaving cream to distract her:) It may be totally uneven, but oh well!