Monday, April 19, 2010

And Baby Makes 4!!

We're PREGNANT!!! Since I'm 16 weeks into this, I think I've pretty much told everyone by now, but I figured I'd better post a little something on the blog for those of you I don't talk to very often...

I'm due October 1, 2010. But I'm hoping I'll have the baby in mid-September. Why, you might ask? Well, Ivy was born 3 weeks early and was 9 pounds, 3 ounces. Not your typical weight for a baby 3 weeks early!!

I expressed my concerns with my doctor at my check-up a month ago and she said that they couldn't commit to inducing me at this point but that they could do an ultrasound at 36 weeks (or so) and estimate the baby's size. If he/she is looking big already, then we can talk about inducing.

I went to another check-up today. I'm proud to say that I haven't gained any weight yet! I'm still the same as I was when this started. I guess that is one good thing about starting out with a little "extra". Plus, it looks good in my chart, so when I get farther along and I gain 10 pounds between visits, it'll be okay. :) We got to listen to the baby's heartbeat again, which is a WONDERFUL sound.

I go back May 10 (in 3 weeks) for an ultrasound. During that they'll check to see that Baby's organs and everything are developing correctly. And most excitingly, we'll get to find out if we are having a boy or a girl!! I can't wait!!!

2 comments:

The Beams said...

YEAH!!!

Unknown said...

Geoff Hegedus visiting the blogosphere!! Congratulations and great, wonderful news! I'm avoiding facebook at the moment so this is the first I've heard of the good news. :-)))))