Tuesday, August 4, 2009

How can it be August already??

We (me and my mom) started out the month of August by driving to Hickory for the day. My Aunt was being surprised with a retirement party. Ivy had a great time, but I was worn out by the end of the day!

This is Ivy sitting in her Great-Great-Grandmother's rocking chair...


Ivy with my Aunt Betty and her husband Ray. Happy Retirement Aunt Betty!


Yummm...Eating some yogurt...


This is okra from two times of picking it...Sunday night and then again on Monday just before dinner. Our okra is still doing really well, as you can see :)


Ivy got a new (used) play house tonight. We found it on craigslist. She went with us to pick it up and didn't understand that when we left that the house was coming home with us. She was so upset, but as you can see, she cheered right up as soon as we got it unloaded...

The previous owners warned us about all the batteries we would go through with the house having a door bell. Ivy tried it out A LOT!!! The door bell is a big hit!
Such a classic "Ivy moment". She could not get enough of this house!



This is a video of Ivy playing in her new play house (sorry it's a little long)...


I let Ivy play until almost 8:00 because she was having so much fun. But 8:00 is her bed time and she was in desperate need of a bath, so this is what happened when I told her it was time to get ready for bed...


Almost forgot!! Ivy got stung by a bee today! We came up the front steps and Ivy has some toys on the front porch... I turned for just a second to look at the dogs and all of a sudden Ivy started screaming. When I turned to look at her, she was rubbing her face, right by her left eye. I rushed right over to her and the stinger was still there, but no bee. So , I got the stinger out and ran in and called the pediatrician. They said to give her Benedryl (which I didn't have) and then just watch her. Nothing really happened. Her eye is a little puffy and seemed tender to the touch. But I'm glad she didn't show any signs of a major bee sting allergy. I've never had to deal with this before, so I had no idea what to do. I just hope it doesn't happen again!! It was heartbreaking to see her in such distress... I would ask her if she was okay and she would say "nooo" and start bawling all over again!

1 comment:

The Beams said...

Poor baby!! I'm glad she is ok! That house looks amazing... I think we'll have to come over next time we're in town:)

Julie