Monday, August 23, 2010

Several things...

Just some random stuff going on around here... Nothing exciting...

34 weeks...

So Ivy has FINALLY learned to jump. She still doesn't jump a lot and maybe only gets a few inches off the floor. But she started by jumping on our bed. I know that isn't a great idea, but I felt like it was safer than her jumping off the couch or something else. Well, I was putting on clean sheets - it was a wide open space for her to jump. She was having a great time!!

There is something wrong with this situation... How come the 9 pound cat is sleeping on the dog bed and the 80+ pound dog is on the floor next to the dog bed? Poor Tucker, he's such a wuss... He won't even argue with the cat about his own bed...

I found this eye patch in our medicine cabinet. It has been floating around here for years and I have no idea where it came from or why we have it. But Ivy has been pretending to be a pirate and so the eye patch seemed like a fun addition to her pretending! Here she is saying, "Arrrrrrgh!"

Richard and I celebrated our 6 year anniversary. We thought it would be a good time to get away for the weekend - by ourselves (before Baby Sister arrives)!! We left Ivy with my Mom and Dave and headed to Manteo. We stayed in a bed & breakfast that we've stayed in several other times. I know it'll be a while until we get to do that again...maybe another 2.5 years!! And I really only took like 5 pictures the whole weekend - this was one from out on the beach. Richard was using his cast net to catch minnows. We really didn't do a whole lot on the trip. We took naps, hung out on the beach, fished (Richard fished, I watched), read books, etc...

1 comment:

The Beams said...

You're looking GOOD!!! Love that belly!