Monday, November 16, 2009

Nothin' happening...

Sorry that I haven't posted anything in a couple of weeks. We just haven't been doing much of anything - just our normal routine...

I have started decorating for Christmas - I am so proud of myself. I've gotten my Christmas cards done - and I mean in the envelopes, sealed, addressed and stamped!! I've gotten the Christmas tree up and decorated. And I decorated the fireplace (well, as much as I can do for now.) I know it is early to decorate but I do a lot of the decorating by myself so I only have the two hours during the day that Ivy is napping and maybe a couple of hours at night before I go to bed. And of course, I have all the normal house stuff (laundry, vacuuming, etc.) to get done too. So I'd better get started or it may never happen!!

Here is Ivy "helping" decorate the tree.


We had rain for what seemed like a week solid last week. It was thanks to the tropical system, Ida. One day, our power went out for most of the day. Imagine being trapped indoors with a toddler and not having running water, no music, nothing!! We had to use our imaginations (but with all the other days of rain, we were running out of ideas!). I try not to let Ivy watch a lot of tv but I do like to have it as a backup. I know I can turn on Sesame Street or put on a dvd if I just need some time to get something done.

Ivy being silly during the power outage.

Will it ever stop raining???
Thank goodness I had charged the laptop!! It finally dawned on me that I could stick a dvd in the laptop and let Ivy watch a little something while I got lunch fixed.

The next day...We had this box laying around, ready to take to the recycle center. Ivy discovered that it opened and ended up playing in it for 35 minutes. She laid in the box. She laid on the box. She opened the box. She closed the box. She played a drum in the box. She put Elmo in the box. She had the best time...I think she could have played with that box for hours but it was time for bed. But it does make me wonder why I have spent so much money on regular toys!!






Ivy got a new winter coat - this is how she was playing with it...


And here is the finished tree.

Richard isn't feeling well and he wanted me to make cupcakes. So me being the loving wife that I am, I made cupcakes. Well, Ivy had to have one. I put the thinnest layer possible of icing on the smallest cupcake. Ivy ate the barely iced top half of the cupcake and this is what happened to the bottom part.

That's it for now...hopefully I'll take more pictures this week. We don't have a lot going on, but we are supposed to be having fairly nice weather towards the end of the week. We'll get to play outside a lot more than we did during our soggy week last week!!

1 comment:

The Beams said...

It's amazing how much of a mess one can make with just 1 small cupcake! Yes, it's funny how a simple box can be so much fun! I hope it stops raining soon. We decorated already, too, so don't feel bad! Addison "helped" and enjoyed watching Scott put lights up outside.

Julie